Tomorrow I leave for dance camp.
When I said I had camp tomorrow, one of my fellow servers asked if it was with the little kids again. Nope, this is big girl camp. My college team will be heading off to camp where we will eat, sleep (maybe), and dance for seventy-two hours straight.
Camp is really tough to describe. There’s a lot of pros:
- I get to be back with my team again, who I miss a lot, especially since I haven’t seen them since May.
- The food at camp is actually pretty good.
- We dance a lot.
- If we do well at camp we win money to go to Nationals (which means less fund-raising).
But there’s some really intense cons too:
- We sleep on really crappy dorm beds.
- It’s really hot.
- We have to learn and perfect a dance in two days.
- The days are long and grueling.
- There’s a lot of pressure to do well (remember…$$ for Nationals) and the competition is fierce.
Understandably, I’m excited, nervous, and dreading camp all at the same time. Tomorrow I’ll be up around 7:30. By 8:30, myself and the three other girls I’m driving, will be on the road for our two-hour ride to camp.
Then the real fun begins.
Obviously, this means no posts for a while. Hopefully when I get back I’ll have some good results to share!!